Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's the best advice you've ever receieved?

I was thinking...And I can't think of any great advice I've ever been given! Geesh. Maybe you can give me some, eh? ;)What's the best advice you've ever receieved?
Trust God with your whole heart and do not rely on your own understanding.





and





Know ThyselfWhat's the best advice you've ever receieved?
That is a great question.





I think the best advice comes from teachers who get to know you and realize that you are ready for something. They give it privately... usually a spiritual practice of some kind.





It goes on... I can assure you that it goes on and most are not aware of it. I guess you could say... remnants of the old teacher-disciple tradition. That's where my best advice came from.





This old system of teaching is described in the Gospel Enigma book.. a free resource if you want to know more. It describes the kind of things that are taught privately.
';Follow your bliss'; , by Joseph Campbell.
Go do the right thing,I did drugs for 20 years(something I wouldn't reccommend,And was well known on the I -5 as a user/truckdriver,and one guy had been giving me flak about it on the C.B.this went on for months,along with some of his buddies,some people were on my side also,but when he got on the air one night and said he'd call my boss and my company,and my supporters got on his butt to leave me alone,I broke in and said ';NO ,Do the right thing,what you feel is right';(a DR LAURA phrase) and a week later,after being warned a drug rest was coming,I chose to fail the test,instead of using the potions that could beat it(which I always carried on me),and followed those words I uttered
Word from your inner self before every other advice.
you're beautiful the way you are :)
I'm in the same situation as you there. Luckily my own mind mostly works well enough for my purposes.
Several years ago, I had a wonderful neighbor who was very wise...she gave me lots of great council (but only when I asked...she never ';pushed';). I think the best piece of advice she ever gave me was to stop blaming my parents for the way they raised me and begin taking responsibility for my own life. It took a little while to sink in, and even longer to begin implementing, but following that suggestion has made me a better person.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”


-- Dr. Seuss
My grandpa is a minister, and he always told me... ';Don't pee towards the wind.';
Always wear clean underwear.


You never know when it might be helpful.
you can do it if you just believe!
Never listen to fools ....... or experts.
';Fix the problem, not the blame.';
Live the life you love,


love the life you live.


-Bob Marley
I'll give you one...its not exactly nice, not the sort of boring advice u get evryday or the sort ur mother would like to hear, its rather vulgar...but hardcore....hardcore.





Keep on pushing yourself. Pushing yourself to the limit. Pushing off complacency. Pushing through hurdles, smashing through walls. Pushing back at all those in your life who said you’d fail. Cuz when push comes to shove, you gotta listen to your own voice... And if anyone tells you different, you tell him to shove it up his a**.
LISTEN, hear what one has to say, you dont have to agree, be patient, try to put yourself in other persons shoes, never never think you are better than anyone else..
A friend told me to do what I think is best at the time because it will probably be the wrong thing later any way.
Keep the safety on till you're ready to fire.
It's never what you know--It's who you know?
From my father:





It's not he with the most toys when he dies who wins, it's he with the most people crying at his funeral.





Truer words were never spoken!
Always believe in your self no matter how its going.
Well the best advice that i know is always think and act in right and truthful way.


Our mind and heart are easily tempted by wrong things but with a little will power they can be controlled and always listen to you.


So develop good habits and think good thoughts.
When I was going to drop out of the University in my third year of college my stepfather who was dying of a terminal illness told me not to give up he said that no matter what you start in life a project an education a work of Art you always finish it and do not do to many things at the same time limit doin so many things and focus on one thing at a time %26amp; you will get ahead in life the man was so sick when he told me this and you know what I graduated from College and I owe it to him and his logical reasoning he was a good man my hero my wind beneath my wings......I dropped some classes and I did less projects on the outside it took me an extra year to graduate and I even took night classes because I was working full time after my step-father got sick but in the end I got my degree and I cried when i did :))))
Advice from my dear friend, Yangchen a lady who always walks her life with compassion, humility and honour.





Generating the four immeasurables





May everyone be happy


May everyone be free from misery


May no one ever be separated from their happiness


May everyone have equanimity,


Free from hatred and attachment.
The greatest risk is not taking one.
A wise old woman once said to me, ';Don't sh*t where you sleep';. She was advising me not to create awkward situations at my job that could potentially harm me in some way. You can take it how you want to.
to read Dianetics by L Ron Hubbard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment