Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Whats the best advice you can give to someone with first time upper only dentures?

I just got mine yesterday . uppers only. besides being sore from the 6 front teeth that had to be pulled..I am having big time trouble/problem chewing and getting past the whole feeling of this new thing in my mouth. Please tell me this is going to get easier?Whats the best advice you can give to someone with first time upper only dentures?
Yes. It will get easier. It will probably take 2-4 weeks for your palate to get used to having something there(after sore spot adjustments at the dental office, anyway). Don't use any adhesive(if you can). Your own saliva is the best form of suction your palate can get. Hang in there, it'll get better.Whats the best advice you can give to someone with first time upper only dentures?
I got all my top and 8 of my bottom pulled 8 days ago plus my widsoms all 4, i had immediate dentures put in on the top only as my lower jaw i have alot of problems with and need to get more surgery there Although sore (the bottom is actually worse) I still CANNOT eat! I am starving as my top gums are still tender so to speak and i find it wierd chewing or putting pressure there for the moment, i am doing the whole small food mashed food and breaking it with my tongue on my lower teeth. I have been told it will take abot 3 weeks but then they denture will losen and i will be back where i started! I have also been told it takes time but it will all seem normal and natural in the end. I would kill for a nice juicy steak at the moment LOL but i n only do what i can do, i am sure next week it will be better for me and you! Oh and this new lisp isomething i am having trouble getting used to as well!
Drink liquids and eat soft food until your gums heal. Yes it will get easier and you will get use to this foreign object in your mouth.
Its gonna take some time, but the best thing to do is practice practice practice, this is something foreign in your mouth and you have to retrain yourself, its kinda like having a fake leg or something, you just have to learn how to use it to the best of your abilities. Just remember these are not your real teeth, and it's a learning process. Keep a positive outlook on things, and they will go much easier.
I had a partial for a while and you will get use to it. My advice start saving for implants which is what I did
YES IT DOES GET EASIER AS YOUR GUMS HEAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment