Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is the best advice you ever got?

For me it was that life is all about having the right attitude.What is the best advice you ever got?
Don't let the burdens of others fall on your own shoulders. I.E. when people are rude, they own that...I don't own that. If I let it affect me, I am letting that person control me.





Choose battles wisely,





Always consider the source (very applicable to gws)What is the best advice you ever got?
When studying for my final exams in grammar school I was becoming lazy and fatalistic and my brother was encouraging me to work harder so I could get a place at a good University.





He phoned me and said:


';Work hard and get good grades and the world is at your feet. Slack off now and fail the exams and it's on your shoulders ...';





Another piece of advice was from a CEO of a company I worked for:





';Make plans but just as importantly have a contingency plan';
Its not about where you have been been, or where you are now, its about where you are going. -Random person





Be the Change you want to see in the world- Ghandi








In life there are choices, in all you say and do, and it is good to remember, the choice you make, makes you.
2 separate ones from 2 different people.





1 - ';pain and suffering makes us who we are, who we have become. without it we can't grow and know about anything life.'; - Dad.





2 - ';what is there to enjoy in life, if not yourself?'; - Irish customer.











(by pain and suffering that did not mean violence. i meant heartbreak, loss, and living on nothing but cereal while you're a student trying to build your career)
From my father: though the job be great or small, do it well or not at all. (Most of the time ';not at all,'; like yard work or washing his car, wasn't an option.)





Also from him: always stand up for yourself and never let anybody walk all over you.
';Don't sweat the small stuff';.





';Think';





K.I.S.S. ( Keep it simple, stupid.)





';Life is what you make it.';





';Don't start a fight, but don't be a doormat, either.';
My Mom (of course!) when I got my first credit card with a $3000.00 limit and was over the Moon with delight who said ';It isn't money you HAVE it's money you OWE.';


EDIT: Trevor, that is so true, I ALWAYS have a back up plan, ALAYS.
';First, you have to take care of yourself. If you don't, somebody else will have to, even if it's only to bury you. Then you take care of your family; then, your community.';





--An elderly Buddhist man I once met.
Yeah I agree with you , its all about having the right attitude. My rule in life is, if you believe you can do it, then you will do it.
If you allow his daughter to infiltrate the relationship between the two of you she will create %26amp; cause a disastrous end for the two of you.
Amusing answer: ';Don't be an idiot.'; - Michael Scott





Real answer (I'm paraphrasing): ';The best career out there is the one that allows you to maximize the use of your creativity.'; - a book
My father told me to always vote for the Democrat candidates because they look after the middle class and the Republicans look after the rich. I've been doing that for 54 years.
Know a woman's mother you have an interest in, for, that is what she will be in the future.
Intelligence can be a substitute for hard work.





- B.N.D. My maths teacher
Don't judge a person, the didn't get the same chance you did.
Don't do anything you would be ashamed to tell your Grandma about.
';Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail';


Saved my life that did
';Life begins when you want it to';





I either got it from a calender or a beer mat - I can't remember which :)
Work to live, don't live to work.






';Try harder';.
never lend anyone anything you wouldn't give them...
Anything you read on Yahoo! Answers is the truth.





And you can take that to the bank, my friend.
  • art mask
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment