Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is the best advice you have ever received?

This has been asked before but I'm curious to see what comes up anyway. Thanks for answering : )What is the best advice you have ever received?
There's actually three separate and pithy words of advice that's I've considered the 'best of the best'. Unfortunately, two of them contain profanity, so I'll have to edit them a bit here.





#1. A long time ago I was all stressed out about a guy, does he like me/why doesn't he like me/if he doesn't like me i'll die, etc. I confessed this to one of his colleagues, who said: ';Ah, he's just an ***insert profanity*** like everyone else.'; So now, wherever I start to get too reverent about someone, that comes to mind.





#2. This one from my therapist. I told her, ';I feel lonely/sad/scared';. She replied, ';Okay. So feel it. Feelings come and go. Feel it and move on. Feelings aren't facts, and they aren't monoliths.';





#3. I was getting ready to go to a popular club, and was feeling insecure about how I looked, if I were hip enough, etc. One of my very emotionally liberated friends advised: ';Just shake your ***substitute 'tush'*** and act like you belong';. Just the ticket, my friend. So much of life is exactly like that!What is the best advice you have ever received?
my father always said - 'Forgive and forget'


and move on...
I m still waiting which will change my life.
I used to spend a lot of time worrying about details. The best advice I got was:


';If you think your decision will make a difference to someone's life in 5 yrs, worry about it. Otherwise dont fret';


And, sure enough, I've found that most of the decisions we make everyday and agonize over does not matter or will not matter in the future.
If you can't find it within you'll never find it without.
The best advice I've ever received is never take anyone else's advice over what your own 'heart' tells you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment